by Cumberland Football Boosters, LLC, 2020-08-05T17:46:22.000-07:00August 05 2020, at 05:46 PM PDT
As of today, the 2020 Greely Football season is still on, but numbers are down and the situation is fluid.
Here is a breif status of where we are:
- High School: Remote meetings have been in full swing since early July. The MPA has announced the season will begin 9/8 with first games held on 9/18. Our AD director is working on the possibility of late August conditioning options.
- GMS: Same as High School with the exception that we will be playing 8-man football this year. This was the plan prior to COVID.
- Youth Senior: We are waiting on word from the MSL who is taking the lead from the MPA. More to come.
- Youth Junior: Due to numbers, we will either merge with another town or offer a flag option for this season. Decision to be made on 8/18.
- Flag: The Portland Flag League has decided to have internal games only, leaving our club to organize games with surrounding towns. We are working to pull together a timeline, but of all our program offerings, we plan to start earlier than the rest.
Our board is in the process of adopting a set of guidelines for play and will share as soon as possible. However, we are not an authoritative organization, so we expect that all parents and players take personal responsibility on following the guidelines so that we are allowed to have a season.
Our registration numbers are down across the board. Even though we know there is interest at the GMS and Senior level, it will not happen unless people register. Please REGISTER. We have the ability to immediately refund payments.
Please stay well and help support the program.